Weekly Wraps (January 30-February 5, 2012)
Ed Stetzer on relating with unorthodox people, Joe Carter on Neo-Calvinist and Neocalvinist, Dennis Morris on dating and age, and et cetera.
1. On Heretics and Helpfulness: Relating to Those Outside of Orthodoxy (Ed Stetzer) – Stetzer on relating with unorthodox people.
2. What’s the Difference? – Neo-Calvinist vs. Neocalvinist (Joe Carter) – Carter explains the differences of the two terms.
3. Does Age Matter? (Denise Morris) – Morris on the age gap between couples. She writes: “I know friends who would still be single if they hadn’t been open to the idea of dating someone older or younger.”
4. Monday Is for Missiology: Three Important Church Trends and the Elephant in the Church (Ed Stetzer) – Stetzer on decline, dropout, and discipleship.
5. When a Small Church Staff Is Better (Craig Groeschel) – Groeschel answers the question on church staff size.
6. The Nature of Waiting (Anna Blankenship) – Blankenship on waiting and serving.
7. Numbers in the Church: Is Bigger Badder or Better? (Kevin DeYoung) – DeYoung on church size.
8. The Elephant in the Room (Voddie Baucham) – Baucham on the Elephant Room 2 (ER2), James MacDonald, and T.D. Jakes.
9. TGC Asks: How Do You Preach a ‘One Time’ Sermon? (Ed Stetzer via John Starke) – Stetzer counsels on preaching a “one time” sermon.
10. Seven Thoughts on the Elephant Room and T.D. Jakes (Kevin DeYoung) – DeYoung on ER2 and Jakes. He questions why Jakes’ prosperity theology wasn’t challenged.
11. Tim Tebow Cancels Speech at Event Organized by Prosperity Gospel Preacher (Joe Carter) – Carter on Tebow’s refusal to speak for a prosperity event. I admire Tebow for his courage to stand up for his beliefs.
12. Four Practical Reasons for Small Groups (Rick Warren) – Warren on small groups.
13. Sex, Marriage, & Fairytales – I’m starting to like Jefferson Bethke and spoken word.