My Top 5 Sermons of 2011
Below are my top 5 sermons of 2011, along with my short comments on it. In no particular order:
1. Getting Out by Tim Keller – This is Keller’s message for The Gospel Coalition’s (TGC) 2011 National Conference. This is the first Keller sermon that I watched. He preaches on Exodus 14 and shows how it points to Christ.
2. Is Jesus an Egomaniac? by John Piper – Piper’s message for Passion Conference 2010. He let me see God’s “God-centeredness”. This is one of the sermons that made me realize God’s commitment to the preservation of His glory. (There used to be an uploaded video of this in Vimeo. Now, it’s gone. Maybe it’s due to copyright issues).
3. Prayer as a Way of Walking in Love: A Personal Journey by Francis Chan – Chan’s message for Desiring God’s 2011 Pastors Conference. In this message, Chan recounts his prayer life.
4. The Global God Who Gives the Great Commission by Louie Giglio – Giglio’s message for Desiring God 2011 National Conference. He does a good job in helping people see how glorious God is. It feels like Indescribable in a Desiring God conference.
5. The Glory of God, the Lostness of Man, and the Gospel of Christ by David Platt – Platt speaks for Desiring God 2011 National Conference and preaches on Isaiah 6.