Weekly Wraps (January 16-22, 2012)
John Piper offers Bloodlines for free, Ed Stetzer excerpts from Martin Luther King’s letter to Americans, Tim Challies compiles resources on sexuality and marriage, and et cetera.
1. Download Bloodlines for Free (John Piper) – Piper offers his book for free. How generous of him!
2. Martin Luther King Jr.: A Letter to American Christians in 1956 (and Today) (Ed Stetzer) – Stetzer excerpts from MLK’s letter to Americans. MLK writes: “But America, as I look at you from afar, I wonder whether your moral and spiritual progress has been commensurate with your scientific progress. It seems to me that your moral progress lags behind your scientific progress.”
3. Healthy Sexuality (Tim Challies) – Challies compiles resources on sexuality and marriage.
4. Pastors, Love the Ones You’re With (Daniel Darling) – Darling on 1 Peter 5:2: “Shepherd the flock of God that is among you.”
5. Who Are the 144,000 in Revelation? (Kevin DeYoung) – DeYoung offers his own perspective (meaning, the less popular view) of the 144,000 in Revelation. Interesting!
6. Train Your Church (Craig Groeschel) – Groeschel on setting boundaries.
7. 9 Keys to Reaching College Students (J. D. Greear and Rupert Leary) – Greear and Leary gives 9 lessons from their college ministry experience. I like what they write: “Students are not dumb; nor are the college professors filling their minds five days a week. These students are being challenged with deep questions, and simplistic answers not only fail to persuade them, but actually make them more skeptical of Christianity. So take them deep, and do it often.”
8. Ten Lessons in Organizational Leadership from Steve Jobs (Thom Rainier) – Rainier enumerates the leadership lessons he learned from the Apple icon.
9. How To Plant a Church: Five Principles from Steve Timmis – Timmis on church planting.
10. Preaching & Preachers (Josh Etter) – Etter endorsing D. Martyn Lloyd-Jones book, Preaching and Preachers (40th Anniversary Edition)
11. 10 Ways to Generate More Blog Traffic (Michael Hyatt) – Hyatt enumerates 10 ways to increase blog readership.
12. The Future of Discerning Reader (Tim Challies) – Challies on his book review site’s future. One of his options is to sell it. I hope something good happens.
13. Resurgence College Conference 2011 – A recap video.