Weekly Wraps (December 12-18)
Josh Etter quotes John Piper on the church, Tim Challies on money, Justin Taylor on Calvinism, and et cetera.
1. The Most Important Institution in the World (Josh Etter) – Etter quotes John Piper on the church. Piper says: “The gates of Hades, the powers of death, will prevail against every institution but one, the church.”
2. Thinking Wrongly About Money (Tim Challies) – Challies blogs on 4 (negative) ways people think of money.
3. Calvinism Today: A SWOT Analysis (Justin Taylor) – Taylor excerpts from Michael Horton’s book.
4. Rest in God and Find Your Focus in Ministry (Paul Tripp) – Tripp blogs on a pastor’s life’s focus. He says that “a human could live for falls into two categories [creator or creation].” He asks at the end of his blog: “Pastor, is your life and ministry is shaped by one great desire, a desire for the Lord?”
5. Money Matters: Do I Have to Give? (Tim Challies) – Challies blogs on giving.
6. Christmas: How Goodies Lose Their Attraction (Jonathan Parnell) – Parnell quotes Piper on Christmas. Piper says: “The aim of God at Christmas is to make the goodies of the world lose all their attraction in comparison to the surpassing glory of the divine Name.”
7. God Is Enough (Lecrae feat. Flame & Jai) – I’ve been listening to this rap lately.