Weekly Wraps (December 5-11)
Josh Etter quotes J.C. Ryle on prayer, Mike Cosper on celebrity pastors, Tim Challies on the public reading of Scripture, and et cetera.
1. J.C. Ryle on the Power of Prayer (John Etter) – Etter quotes J.C. Ryle on prayer. “Prayer opened the Red Sea. Prayer brought water from the rock and bread from heaven. Prayer made the sun stand still. Prayer brought fire from the sky on Elijah’s sacrifice. Prayer turned the counsel of Ahithophel into foolishness. Prayer overthrew the army of Sennacherib.”
2. Celebrity Pastors: Top of the Heap or Overexposed? (Mike Cosper) – Cosper carefully explains on the different celebrities and makes an exhortation.
3. The Public Reading of Scripture (Tim Challies) – Challies blogs on the ministry of the public reading of Scripture. He gives practical guidelines to help someone pursuing this ministry.
4. A Call to Men to Take Responsibility (Josh Etter) – Etter quotes John Piper on manhood.
5. Like a Grain of Mustard Seed: The Chinese Church Today (Tyler Kenney) – Kenney blogs on the Chinese church.
6. Wimpy Theology and True Womanhood (Josh Etter) – Etter quotes John Piper on theology and womanhood. “Wimpy theology makes wimpy women…Wimpy theology simply does not give a woman a God that is big enough, strong enough, wise enough, and good enough to handle the realities of life in away that magnifies the infinite worth of Jesus Christ.”
7. Men, Women & the Public Reading of Scripture (Tim Challies) – Challies explains on why the public reading of Scripture is exclusive for men.
8. Expository Preaching (Shai Linne) – Incredibly, there’s a rap about expository preaching.