Rewind (November 21-27)
Every Monday starting today, I’ll be making a recap of last week’s blog posts, thus the name Rewind.
9 blogs last week:
1. Weekly Wraps (November 14-20) – Wrapping up November 14-20. Tim Challies on the apostle Paul’s joy, David Mathis excepts from Gospel Wakefulness, Josh Etter quotes John Piper on reading theology books, and etc.
2. Singles, Surround Yourselves with Godly Men and Women – I hear stories of my friends falling in love with an unbeliever. But why? Furthermore, what can singles do when faced with the same situation? And what can church leaders do to help?
3. Why Angelito is a Bad Example for the Youth – There’s a new drama series in ABS-CBN which brings another concern to me. It’s “Angelito: Batang Ama” (or “Angelito: Young Father”).
4. Singleness, Courtship, and the Sovereignty of God – As a single man, I find myself battling a couple of fears. One of those fears is that I will live the rest of my life as a single. The other fear is that the woman I truly admire will be courted by someone else. But I remember the sovereignty of God.
5. Tweeting for the Glory of God – Some of my friends in Twitter tweet almost anything under the sun. While I find nothing sinful about their tweeting habits, I will find myself unproductive and unwise in the use of my time if I were to copy them. So I choose to approach my Twitter in a different way.
6. The Object of Our Waiting – Let me give my own take on waiting. But I’ll do it in a different approach. I’ll be attempting to answer this question: Why do we find it hard to wait, and sometimes even fail at it?
7. A Favor to My Readers – Please read, Zoy Sauce Etc readers. Thank you!
8. You Want to Start a (Christian) Blog?: Some Thoughts from My Experience – I recently thought of beginning mentoring upcoming bloggers. The Lord, in His grace, has blessed me with the skill of blogging. While I believe that I must use this skill to edify the church, I also believe that I must use it to equip His people. Here are some thoughts from my experience in blogging.
9. What Should We Call People Who Don’t Have Time for God? Arrogant! – Isn’t God sovereign over everything, including time? And isn’t it arrogant of us not to give time for God, who is the true Owner of our time?
Tags: 1 Corinthians 10:31, Angelito: Batang Ama, blogging, christian hedonism, courtship, dating, glory of God, marriage, pre-marital sex, singleness, singles, singles ministry, social media, sovereignty of God, teenage pregnancies, time, Twitter, waiting, young adults, youth ministry
About Enzo CortesEnzo Cortes is the Youth Coordinator of Jzone Makati, the youth ministry of Christ's Commission Fellowship (CCF) Makati. He also speaks for various youth and young adult groups, including CCF Makati's young singles ministry, Friday Night Light. He loves to write, read books and blogs, drink coffee, and watch MMA fights.
ATTENTION: ZOY SAUCE ETC HAS MOVED TO ITS NEW HOME
- This is Probably My Last Blog Here, Seriously. Because…
- Book Review Fridays: Leaders Who Last by Dave Kraft
- Struggling in Prayer
- Mission, Mission, and Mate
- The Infinitude of God
- Rewind (February 20-26, 2012)
- Weekly Wraps (February 20-26, 2012)
- Book Review Fridays: Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell
- What I Think of Livestreamed Services
- Ending Up Frustrated After Quiet Times
- New blog at #ZoySauceEtc: "Leaders, Manage Well (Part 3)" - bit.ly/1O5AKhL #leadership #management 2 years ago
- RT @JohnPiper: If your spouse acts worthily, your love is the easier. If your spouse acts unworthily, your love is the more glorious. 2 years ago
- RT @DailyKeller: "If we know God's approval we won't need to fear any disapproval from others." 2 years ago
- Here are 3 things "A Second Chance" did for me: bit.ly/1lVpsG9 #ZoySauceEtc #love #marriage #ASecondChance 2 years ago
- New blog at #ZoySauceEtc: "What 'A Second Chance' Did For Me" - bit.ly/1lVpsG9 #love #marriage #ASecondChance 2 years ago