Tweeting for the Glory of God
Some of my friends in Twitter tweet almost anything under the sun. They are flooding my timeline. Sometimes, I think they are just tweeting merely for tweeting’s sake.
While I find nothing sinful about their tweeting habits (they can do whatever they want with their Twitter), I will find myself unproductive and unwise in the use of my time if I were to copy them. So I choose to approach my Twitter in a different way. I thank the Lord Jesus for showing it to me.
First Corinthians 10:31 says:
31So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God. (Emphasis added)
In whatever I do (and that includes tweeting), I must do it to the glory of God. So I tweet for the glory of God!
So what do I tweet?
1. I tweet random reflective thoughts. I was inspired by John Piper, who turned his Twitter account into a “proverbial machine”. Sometimes, I tweet my thoughts about God, life, and the world, which I thought through of when I was walking, commuting, or simply sitting down. Sometimes, I tweet my reflections from my quiet times. And sometimes, about deep theological stuff. It’s challenging to tweet these thoughts, given that I’m limited by 140 characters. But I’m up for the challenge.
2. I tweet my activities. And usually, my ministry activities. I want to set an example to others, hoping to inspire followers to serve in the ministry as well. And I almost always thank the Lord Jesus in my tweets for the ministry opportunities He gives me.
3. I tweet my blogs. I figured out that the Lord can use my blogs to reach and bless more people. So I use my Twitter to link my blogs.
4. I tweet my interests. It could be about Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC), or a basketball game, or anything else. I do it to show that I have other interests as well, that I also know how to have meaningful fun in other ways.
So my tweets normally fall under any of the four categories above. I hope to inspire you to use your Twitter in a whole new way, using it to make Jesus famous.
And one more. Follow me at Twitter: Enzo Cortes. Thanks!
About Enzo CortesEnzo Cortes is the Youth Coordinator of Jzone Makati, the youth ministry of Christ's Commission Fellowship (CCF) Makati. He also speaks for various youth and young adult groups, including CCF Makati's young singles ministry, Friday Night Light. He loves to write, read books and blogs, drink coffee, and watch MMA fights.
ATTENTION: ZOY SAUCE ETC HAS MOVED TO ITS NEW HOME
- This is Probably My Last Blog Here, Seriously. Because…
- Book Review Fridays: Leaders Who Last by Dave Kraft
- Struggling in Prayer
- Mission, Mission, and Mate
- The Infinitude of God
- Rewind (February 20-26, 2012)
- Weekly Wraps (February 20-26, 2012)
- Book Review Fridays: Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell
- What I Think of Livestreamed Services
- Ending Up Frustrated After Quiet Times
- New blog at #ZoySauceEtc: "Leaders, Manage Well (Part 3)" - bit.ly/1O5AKhL #leadership #management 1 year ago
- RT @JohnPiper: If your spouse acts worthily, your love is the easier. If your spouse acts unworthily, your love is the more glorious. 1 year ago
- RT @DailyKeller: "If we know God's approval we won't need to fear any disapproval from others." 1 year ago
- Here are 3 things "A Second Chance" did for me: bit.ly/1lVpsG9 #ZoySauceEtc #love #marriage #ASecondChance 1 year ago
- New blog at #ZoySauceEtc: "What 'A Second Chance' Did For Me" - bit.ly/1lVpsG9 #love #marriage #ASecondChance 1 year ago