Weekly Wraps (October 31-November 6)
Ed Stetzer on Christmas Sunday, David Murray on social intelligence, Tim Challies on 8 years of blogging, and et cetera.
1. What Will Your Church Do When Christmas Falls on a Sunday? (Ed Stetzer) – Stetzer “crowdsources” ideas from people on what their churches will do on Christmas day.
2. The Must-Have Pastoral Skill (David Murray) – Murray blogs on the importance of “social intelligence”.
3. 8 Years (Tim Challies) – Challies reflects on his eight years of blogging.
4. Jesus Wants You to Waste Your Life (Jon Bloom) – Bloom blogs on Mary and Judas. He writes: “Jesus wants you to waste your life like Mary wasted her perfume. For it is no true waste. It is true worship. A poured out life of love for Jesus that counts worldly gain as loss displays how precious he really is.”
5. Trick or Treat? It’s Martin Luther (David Mathis) – Mathis blogs on another event that happened on October 31, namely the nailing of Luther’s 95 theses.
6. The Redeemed Church, the Reconciling Christ, and the Relentless Preacher (Albert Mohler) – Mohler preaches on Colossians 1:9-29.
7. Top 10 Reasons to Join a Church Plant (Justin Buzzard) – Interesting!
8. What to look for in a church (R.W. Glenn) – Glenn blogs 7 things to look for a church. I like what he said about preaching, which he describes as Christ-centered instead of expository: “ou might have expected me to have said ‘expository preaching,’ but it is very possible to give an exposition of a text of Scripture without ever getting to Jesus Christ… Exposition of Scripture is the means by which we get to Jesus.”
9. Calvinist Witnessing – I’m leaning towards the Calvinistic tradition (but I still have to study it more). But I find this video very funny.
About Enzo CortesEnzo Cortes is the Youth Coordinator of Jzone Makati, the youth ministry of Christ's Commission Fellowship (CCF) Makati. He also speaks for various youth and young adult groups, including CCF Makati's young singles ministry, Friday Night Light. He loves to write, read books and blogs, drink coffee, and watch MMA fights.
ATTENTION: ZOY SAUCE ETC HAS MOVED TO ITS NEW HOME
- This is Probably My Last Blog Here, Seriously. Because…
- Book Review Fridays: Leaders Who Last by Dave Kraft
- Struggling in Prayer
- Mission, Mission, and Mate
- The Infinitude of God
- Rewind (February 20-26, 2012)
- Weekly Wraps (February 20-26, 2012)
- Book Review Fridays: Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell
- What I Think of Livestreamed Services
- Ending Up Frustrated After Quiet Times
- New blog at #ZoySauceEtc: "Leaders, Manage Well (Part 3)" - bit.ly/1O5AKhL #leadership #management 1 year ago
- RT @JohnPiper: If your spouse acts worthily, your love is the easier. If your spouse acts unworthily, your love is the more glorious. 1 year ago
- RT @DailyKeller: "If we know God's approval we won't need to fear any disapproval from others." 1 year ago
- Here are 3 things "A Second Chance" did for me: bit.ly/1lVpsG9 #ZoySauceEtc #love #marriage #ASecondChance 1 year ago
- New blog at #ZoySauceEtc: "What 'A Second Chance' Did For Me" - bit.ly/1lVpsG9 #love #marriage #ASecondChance 1 year ago