Weekly Wraps (October 24-30)
David Murray on preaching mistakes, Tim Challies on T4G 2012, Jon Bloom on patience, and et cetera.
1. Top 10 Preaching Mistakes (David Murray) – Murray blogs on common mistakes made by beginning preachers.
2. Should You Go to T4G? (Tim Challies) – Challies blogs for the upcoming Together for the Gospel conference on 2012.
3. Love Is Patient (Jon Bloom) – Bloom blogs on patience.
4. How to Glorify God in Your Decision-Making (Jonathan Parnell) – Parnell blogs on John Piper’s writing during his days in Bethel. This is the first blog under the banner “The Life of the Mind”. Here, Parnell blogs on Piper’s four steps in making decisions. I’m excited for the next installments.
4. Dads, Consider the Impact of Availability (Jonathan Parnell) – Parnell excerpts from Crawford Loritts’ book “Never Walk Away” on fatherhood and availability. Inspiring.
6. Heroes and Celebrities (Kevin DeYoung) – DeYoung compares heroes and celebrities. For what purpose? “Well known Christians should examine themselves to see whether they live the life of a hero or a celebrity.”
7. Friend With Benefits (Mark Driscoll) – An excerpt from Driscoll’s upcoming book, Real Marriage.
8. How Sermons Work – Clever!