Weekly Wraps (August 22-28)
John Piper on KJV, William Tyndale, and God’s Word, and on J.C. Ryle, Josh Etter quotes Martyn-Lloyd Jones, Ed Stetzer on missions, and et cetera.
1. The Infinite Worth of the Word of God (John Piper) – Piper speaks for the Crossway Banquet. He speaks on the KJV, ASV, RSV, and ESV bibles and pays homage to William Tyndale. Towards the end, he gives 7 reason why the Word of God is infinitely valuable.
2. J. C. Ryle, Holiness, and Bible Density (John Piper) – Piper blogs on J.C. Ryle’s saturation on the Bible and his teaching on election and sanctification.
3. Are You Controlled By the Future? (Josh Etter) – Etter quotes Martyn Lloyd-Jones on future and anxiety. Lloyd-Jones wisely says about the future: “To take thought is right, but to be controlled by the future is all wrong.”
4. Missions and Missional: Embracing Both for the Glory of God (Ed Stetzer) – Stetzer blogs on missions. He writes: “As the recipients of amazing grace we are compelled by divine love to join Jesus on mission so that his name and his fame might be known, not only through our individual lives and local churches, but also all over the earth.”
5. Youth Ministry Done Well for the Benefit of the Church (Jon Nielson) – Nielson blogs on the description and benefits of a youth ministry done well. He writes that a description of such ministry is word-centered, church-focused, and family-oriented. I like it when he writes: “Our goal is to let every aspect of our ministry—big group meetings, small group studies, one-on-one discipleship relationships, short-term missions trips, etc.—be permeated, led, and guided by the Word of God.” This is a very helpful blog for a youth ministry volunteer like me.
6. Family First in Youth Discipleship and Evangelism (Jon Nielson) – This is Nielson’s earlier blog. Nielson writes that “Christian parents—not youth pastors—have the primary role, responsibility, and calling to evangelize and disciple their children.” Interesting!
7. Training to Guard the Good Deposit (Mary Willson) – Willson blogs on equipping women to teach God’s word. Interesting!
8. Why Joni Eareckson Tada Wants to Bring Her Wheelchair to Heaven (Justin Taylor) – Taylor excerpts from Joni Eareckson Tada’s book. Sweet!