Weekly Wraps (August 8-14)
Tim Challies on blogging, Brian Croft on sermon length, Julian Freeman on social media and sin, and et cetera.
1. ‘The Code’ in the Christian Blogosphere (Tim Challies) – Challies blogs his interview with his friend on the topic of blogging.
2. How long should my sermons be when I preach? (Brian Croft) – Croft blogs on the length of sermons. He gives helpful principles.
3. Social Media and Temptations to Sin (Julian Freeman) – Freeman blogs on the temptations the come with social media. He quotes from Scripture, and I find it helpful.
4. Facebook guidelines for pastors and others (Steve Cornell) – Cornell blogs on do’s and dont’s on Facebook and Twitter. He also gives a word of wisdom on Facebook photos.
5. Be a Radically God-Centered Pastor (John Piper) – Piper speaks for ASPIRE Southern Baptist Pastors’ Conference. He preaches on the first petition (hallowed be Your Name) of the Lord’s prayer. The message truly shows the classic Piper, passionate for God’s glory, passionate for the hallowing of His Name. Here are some quotes:
God is passionate about hallowing the name of God (9:30)
The purpose of the universe is for the hallowing of God’s name. His kingdom comes for that. His will is done for that. Humans have bread-sustained life for that. Sins are forgiven for that. Temptation is escaped for that. (20:02)
And so in the gospel, more clearly than anywhere else in the universe, God’s name was hallowed. (30:12)
About Enzo CortesEnzo Cortes is the Youth Coordinator of Jzone Makati, the youth ministry of Christ's Commission Fellowship (CCF) Makati. He also speaks for various youth and young adult groups, including CCF Makati's young singles ministry, Friday Night Light. He loves to write, read books and blogs, drink coffee, and watch MMA fights.
ATTENTION: ZOY SAUCE ETC HAS MOVED TO ITS NEW HOME
- This is Probably My Last Blog Here, Seriously. Because…
- Book Review Fridays: Leaders Who Last by Dave Kraft
- Struggling in Prayer
- Mission, Mission, and Mate
- The Infinitude of God
- Rewind (February 20-26, 2012)
- Weekly Wraps (February 20-26, 2012)
- Book Review Fridays: Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell
- What I Think of Livestreamed Services
- Ending Up Frustrated After Quiet Times
- New blog at #ZoySauceEtc: "Leaders, Manage Well (Part 3)" - bit.ly/1O5AKhL #leadership #management 2 years ago
- RT @JohnPiper: If your spouse acts worthily, your love is the easier. If your spouse acts unworthily, your love is the more glorious. 2 years ago
- RT @DailyKeller: "If we know God's approval we won't need to fear any disapproval from others." 2 years ago
- Here are 3 things "A Second Chance" did for me: bit.ly/1lVpsG9 #ZoySauceEtc #love #marriage #ASecondChance 2 years ago
- New blog at #ZoySauceEtc: "What 'A Second Chance' Did For Me" - bit.ly/1lVpsG9 #love #marriage #ASecondChance 2 years ago