Weekly Wraps (August 1-7)
R.W. Glenn on praying for pastors, John Piper on anxiety, Josh Etter quotes J.C. Ryle, and et cetera.
1. Praying for your pastor (R.W. Glenn) – Glenn blogs and encourages us to pray for our pastors. It’s a helpful reminder.
2. Let Jesus Argue With Your Soul About Being Anxious (John Piper) – Piper blogs on Matthew 6:25-34.
3. How Do We Know If We Love Christ? (Josh Etter) – Etter quotes J.C. Ryle.
4. Why Does the Truth of Hell Rise to Watershed Significance? (John Piper) – Piper blogs on the truth of hell. He wisely writes: “None of us ever experience suffering more severe than we deserve. If we are not in hell at this moment, we are experiencing massive mercy.”
5. Entertainment-Oriented Preachers vs Bible-Oriented Preachers (Josh Etter) – Etter quotes John Piper from 2008.
6. Should You Support Campus Crusade Staff Now That the Name Is Changing? (John Piper) – Piper blogs on Campus Crusade’s change of name. He encourages: “Don’t drop your support from Crusade staff simply because the organization made a decision you disagree with. That would be like saying to a fellow-soldier on the frontlines: I’m not giving you any fire-cover because I don’t like the new name the Colonel gave to your unit. Is the soldier faithful and fruitful? That is the decisive issue.”
6. Living for the Joy of All Peoples — Wherever You Live (David Platt) – Platt blogs on why he is pastoring a church in Birmingham, Alabama.
7. When I Feel Most Alive (John Stott) – Stott answers the question “When do you feel most alive?”
About Enzo CortesEnzo Cortes is the Youth Coordinator of Jzone Makati, the youth ministry of Christ's Commission Fellowship (CCF) Makati. He also speaks for various youth and young adult groups, including CCF Makati's young singles ministry, Friday Night Light. He loves to write, read books and blogs, drink coffee, and watch MMA fights.
ATTENTION: ZOY SAUCE ETC HAS MOVED TO ITS NEW HOME
- This is Probably My Last Blog Here, Seriously. Because…
- Book Review Fridays: Leaders Who Last by Dave Kraft
- Struggling in Prayer
- Mission, Mission, and Mate
- The Infinitude of God
- Rewind (February 20-26, 2012)
- Weekly Wraps (February 20-26, 2012)
- Book Review Fridays: Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell
- What I Think of Livestreamed Services
- Ending Up Frustrated After Quiet Times
- New blog at #ZoySauceEtc: "Leaders, Manage Well (Part 3)" - bit.ly/1O5AKhL #leadership #management 2 years ago
- RT @JohnPiper: If your spouse acts worthily, your love is the easier. If your spouse acts unworthily, your love is the more glorious. 2 years ago
- RT @DailyKeller: "If we know God's approval we won't need to fear any disapproval from others." 2 years ago
- Here are 3 things "A Second Chance" did for me: bit.ly/1lVpsG9 #ZoySauceEtc #love #marriage #ASecondChance 2 years ago
- New blog at #ZoySauceEtc: "What 'A Second Chance' Did For Me" - bit.ly/1lVpsG9 #love #marriage #ASecondChance 2 years ago