Weekly Wraps (July 18-24)
John Piper interviews Louie Giglio, John Knight on disability and lukewarmness, Piper on serving God, and et cetera.
1. John Piper Interviews Louie Giglio (Part 1) – Piper interviews Giglio on the vision for the Passion Conferences.
2. Disability Helps Protect the Church from Lukewarmness (John Knight) – Knight blogs on disability and lukewarmness. He says to Christians and pastors in particular: “We are not called to merely ‘do something’ about disability in our churches, we are called to help our people see God accurately and develop a white-hot passion for his glory.”
3. What Does It Mean to Serve God? (John Piper) – Piper blogs on serving God. He wisely writes, basing on 1 Peter 4:11: “God is seen as glorious when all our serving is moment-by-moment receiving from God’s supply.”
4. Lust: Not for Men Only (Carolyn McCulley) – McCulley blogs on lust and women. She gives four points on how to help women who are confused and in our churches. She wisely writes: “We need to clearly teach that lust is a human condition, not just a masculine one.”
5. The Mosque on the Mount (Jon Bloom) – For the past 13 centuries a mosque has occupied the temple’s former site. It is not a sign of God’s endorsement on Islam. Rather, it is an unwitting guardian of the new covenant reality. God wants the temple gone, not because Judaism is destroyed, but because in Jesus it is fulfilled.
6. How Can You Identify a Woman Who Fears the Lord? – A John Piper quote on identifying God-fearing women.