Weekly Wraps (June 6-12)
Timmy Brister on John Piper-Rick Warren interview, Matt Perman on weaknesses, John Piper on preaching tone, and et cetera.
1. John Piper, Rick Warren, and the Purpose Driven Life (Timmy Brister) – Brister blogs on the John Piper-Rick Warren interview.
2. Tim Challies, Rick Warren, and My Take on the John Piper Interview (Timmy Brister) – Brister blogs on the interview again. This time, he includes Tim Challies.
3. Five Ways to Neutralize Your Weaknesses (Matt Perman) – Perman summarizes Marcus Buckingham’s pointers on working out one’s weaknesses.
4. What Tone Should Preachers Aim At? (John Piper) – Piper blogs on the tone of preaching. He asks: “What tone should you aim at in preaching?” And answers: “Pursue the tone of the text. But let it be informed, not muted, by the tonal balance of Jesus and the apostles and by the gospel of grace.”
5. That Our Joy May Be Complete: The Essence of the Christian Ministry (Albert Mohler) – Mohler addresses the graduates of the Southern Seminary last May.
6. False Prophets, False Teachers, and Real Trouble: The Case of Harold Camping (Albert Mohler) – Mohler blogs on Harold Camping and false teaching.
7. Piper, Carson, and Keller on Sustaining the Covenant of Marital Love – These leaders talk about sustaining marital love, about falling and re-falling in love. Why am I watching this?