Weekly Wraps (May 2-22)
This Weekly Wrap are links that I visited for the past three weeks. I decided to lessen my online activities (including blogging) as a form of personal discipline. Now, I’m back. Below are Matt Chandler on youth, Tim Challies on social media, Matt Perman on vocation, and et cetera.
1. Youth – Matt Chandler – TGC 2011 (Matt Chandler) – It’s my first time to watch Chandler preach. He speaks on the Ecclesiastes for The Gospel Coalition 2011 National Conference.
2. Owning Your Social Media Habit (Tim Challies) – Challies blogs on using social media. It is important that we quantify our use of social media, understand it, create boundaries, become realistic and smart, and enjoy it. I find the blog very practical and helpful. Great blog!
3. Starbucks, Vocation, And The Meaning Of The Mundane (Matt Perman) – Perman blogs on the doctrine of vocation. Interesting!
4. Bad Manners Masquerading as Media (Tim Challies) – Challies blogs on etiquette on digital/social media. This is true: “We gain courage when we do not need to look a person in the eye. But we lose presence, we lose empathy, we lose the holistic nature of face to face, real-world communication.”
5. Is God Glad Osama Bin Laden’s Dead? (John Piper) – Piper blogs on the death of Osama Bin Laden.
6. The Trial that Still Must Come — The Death of Osama bin Laden and the Limits of Human Justice (Albert Mohler) – Mohler on Bin Laden’s death. He wisely writes, “While we should all be glad that this significant threat is now removed, death in itself is never to be celebrated. Such celebration points to the danger of revenge as a powerful human emotion. Revenge has no place among those who honor justice. Retributive justice is sober justice.”
7. When the Lights Go Out: The Death of a Denomination (Albert Mohler) – Mohler blogs on the decline of the Anglican church. He writes, “As valid as the institutional question of establishment may be, the more important factor in this pattern of decline is theological. Churches and denominations decline when they lose or forfeit their passion for the Gospel of Jesus Christ and for the Bible as the enduring, authoritative, and totally truthful Word of God.”
8. Following Jesus While Rejecting the Bible? Yet Another Tragedy in Mainline Protestantism (Albert Mohler) – Mohler blogs on the ordination of homosexual ministers by the Presbyterian Church (USA). This is sad news.
9. Studying The Scriptures and Finding Jesus – Albert Mohler – TGC 2011 (Albert Mohler) – Mohler preaches for The Gospel Coalition 2011 National Conference. He preaches on John 5:31-47 and point out that the Old Testament speaks about Christ. It’s an awesome sermon, as it was able to let me see the Old Testament in very new and refreshing way.
About Enzo CortesEnzo Cortes is the Youth Coordinator of Jzone Makati, the youth ministry of Christ's Commission Fellowship (CCF) Makati. He also speaks for various youth and young adult groups, including CCF Makati's young singles ministry, Friday Night Light. He loves to write, read books and blogs, drink coffee, and watch MMA fights.
ATTENTION: ZOY SAUCE ETC HAS MOVED TO ITS NEW HOME
- This is Probably My Last Blog Here, Seriously. Because…
- Book Review Fridays: Leaders Who Last by Dave Kraft
- Struggling in Prayer
- Mission, Mission, and Mate
- The Infinitude of God
- Rewind (February 20-26, 2012)
- Weekly Wraps (February 20-26, 2012)
- Book Review Fridays: Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell
- What I Think of Livestreamed Services
- Ending Up Frustrated After Quiet Times
- New blog at #ZoySauceEtc: "Leaders, Manage Well (Part 3)" - bit.ly/1O5AKhL #leadership #management 2 years ago
- RT @JohnPiper: If your spouse acts worthily, your love is the easier. If your spouse acts unworthily, your love is the more glorious. 2 years ago
- RT @DailyKeller: "If we know God's approval we won't need to fear any disapproval from others." 2 years ago
- Here are 3 things "A Second Chance" did for me: bit.ly/1lVpsG9 #ZoySauceEtc #love #marriage #ASecondChance 2 years ago
- New blog at #ZoySauceEtc: "What 'A Second Chance' Did For Me" - bit.ly/1lVpsG9 #love #marriage #ASecondChance 2 years ago