Weekly Wraps (Apr.25-May 1)
A book in response to Rob Bell’s Love Wins, Owen Strachan on Donald Miller, Albert Mohler on the cross and resurrection, and et cetera.
1. Christ Alone: An Evangelical Response to Rob Bell’s “Love Wins” – The first book, to my knowledge, published in response to Rob Bell’s Love Wins. It’s written by Mike Wittmer.
2. The (Welcome) Rise of the Pastor-Theologian: A Friendly Response to Donald Miller (Owen Strachan) – Strachan responds to Donald Miller’s blog. I love it when he said that theology is practical.
3. Of First Importance — The Cross and Resurrection at the Center (Albert Mohler) – Mohler blogs on the cross and resurrection. He writes, “The cross and the empty tomb stand at the center of the Christian faith. Without these, there is no good news — no salvation.”
4. Why Conservative Churches Are Growing: David Brooks and the Limits of Sociology (Albert Mohler) – Mohler blogs on the conservative growth and the liberal decline.
5. Martin Bashir Interviews Tim Keller – Bashir interviews Keller on the resurrection.
4. Getting Out – Tim Keller – TGC 2011 – Finally, a video sermon of Keller. It’s my first time to see him preach. He preaches for The Gospel Coalition’s 2011 National Conference. He preaches the gospel from Exodus 14. Excellent sermon!
6. The Overflow of Easter: A Whole Theology of Resurrection in One Chapter (John Piper) – Piper summarizes 1 Corinthians 15, which is contains “a whole theology of the resurrection.”
7. It’s Good to Please People; It’s Bad to Please People (John Piper) – Piper blogs on discerning when to please and “not please” people. Interesting!
8. Resurrection Day 2.0 (Nancy Guthrie) – Guthrie blogs on the difference between the responses to the resurrection of Christians today and of the followers of Jesus on the road to Emmaus.
9. Tim Challies: “The Next Story” (Tim Challies) – Challies talks about the “theology of technology.” Interesting!
About Enzo CortesEnzo Cortes is the Youth Coordinator of Jzone Makati, the youth ministry of Christ's Commission Fellowship (CCF) Makati. He also speaks for various youth and young adult groups, including CCF Makati's young singles ministry, Friday Night Light. He loves to write, read books and blogs, drink coffee, and watch MMA fights.
ATTENTION: ZOY SAUCE ETC HAS MOVED TO ITS NEW HOME
- This is Probably My Last Blog Here, Seriously. Because…
- Book Review Fridays: Leaders Who Last by Dave Kraft
- Struggling in Prayer
- Mission, Mission, and Mate
- The Infinitude of God
- Rewind (February 20-26, 2012)
- Weekly Wraps (February 20-26, 2012)
- Book Review Fridays: Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell
- What I Think of Livestreamed Services
- Ending Up Frustrated After Quiet Times
- New blog at #ZoySauceEtc: "Leaders, Manage Well (Part 3)" - bit.ly/1O5AKhL #leadership #management 1 year ago
- RT @JohnPiper: If your spouse acts worthily, your love is the easier. If your spouse acts unworthily, your love is the more glorious. 1 year ago
- RT @DailyKeller: "If we know God's approval we won't need to fear any disapproval from others." 1 year ago
- Here are 3 things "A Second Chance" did for me: bit.ly/1lVpsG9 #ZoySauceEtc #love #marriage #ASecondChance 1 year ago
- New blog at #ZoySauceEtc: "What 'A Second Chance' Did For Me" - bit.ly/1lVpsG9 #love #marriage #ASecondChance 1 year ago