Bloggers, We Need Some Time Out As Well
I enjoy blogging. But it consumes a lot of my time. And if I’m not careful, I might end up with my priorities unattended. So giving thought to it, I have listed below why we—bloggers—need some time out. We need some time out because…
1. We must give ourselves time for learning. I always believe that one’s ability to teach is determined by one’s willingness to learn. Likewise, a blogger’s ability to blog with depth is determined by the blogger’s willingness to learn. So go, take some time off blogging, and learn. Read good books. Attend Bible study groups and conferences. Or commit to a personal Bible study.
2. We must engage in human-to-human interaction. One may spend lots of hours in front of a computer, to the neglect of human-to-human interaction. While blogs can edify others, I still believe nothing beats fellowship that has face-to-face conversations. It is still different when we share our lives in human-to-human engagements, where we see and feel the true emotions of people.
3. We must continually check our motives. Blogs can powerfully influence people. But we must remember that our blogs should build God’s kingdom, not ours. So let’s use our blogs’ influence to point people to God.
4. We must spend time in private worship of God. Is Bible reading and prayer your priority? Or your blogging ministry? May our online ministry not serve as a distraction in our private worship of God.
With the reasons stated above, I encourage you to go and take some time off blogging. There’s nothing wrong in doing so. Your blogs can wait, but time can’t.
About Enzo CortesEnzo Cortes is the Youth Coordinator of Jzone Makati, the youth ministry of Christ's Commission Fellowship (CCF) Makati. He also speaks for various youth and young adult groups, including CCF Makati's young singles ministry, Friday Night Light. He loves to write, read books and blogs, drink coffee, and watch MMA fights.
ATTENTION: ZOY SAUCE ETC HAS MOVED TO ITS NEW HOME
- This is Probably My Last Blog Here, Seriously. Because…
- Book Review Fridays: Leaders Who Last by Dave Kraft
- Struggling in Prayer
- Mission, Mission, and Mate
- The Infinitude of God
- Rewind (February 20-26, 2012)
- Weekly Wraps (February 20-26, 2012)
- Book Review Fridays: Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell
- What I Think of Livestreamed Services
- Ending Up Frustrated After Quiet Times
- New blog at #ZoySauceEtc: "Leaders, Manage Well (Part 3)" - bit.ly/1O5AKhL #leadership #management 2 years ago
- RT @JohnPiper: If your spouse acts worthily, your love is the easier. If your spouse acts unworthily, your love is the more glorious. 2 years ago
- RT @DailyKeller: "If we know God's approval we won't need to fear any disapproval from others." 2 years ago
- Here are 3 things "A Second Chance" did for me: bit.ly/1lVpsG9 #ZoySauceEtc #love #marriage #ASecondChance 2 years ago
- New blog at #ZoySauceEtc: "What 'A Second Chance' Did For Me" - bit.ly/1lVpsG9 #love #marriage #ASecondChance 2 years ago