Weekly Wraps (Feb. 21-27)
A Tim Keller interview, Tim Challies’ new book, my second blogsite, and et cetera.
1. Religious leaders share their spiritual messages – Keller, together with Rabbi David Gelfand, was interviewed at Morning Joe and shares his spiritual message for the weekend.
2. So Technology—Thanks for Everything! (Tim Challies) – Challies’ new book, The Next Story: Life and Faith After the Digital Explosion, is set to release on April 1. I’ve been wanting to make a study of digital/social media. So I hope to get a copy of his book.
3. The Reading Disciple – It’s my second blogsite. I made it my personal advocacy to challenge Christians to read books. Hope you visit it soon.
4. Deflating the Puffed Up Church (C.J. Mahaney) – It’s my first time to hear Mahaney preach. For the Southern Seminary chapel service, he preached on 1 Corinthians 4:6-7. The questions found in verse 7 should give us humbling effect on ourselves.
5. Boys Wrestling Girls—A Clash of Worlds and Worldviews (Albert Mohler) – Mohler writes about Joel Northrup, a sophomore student who, because of religious conviction, defaulted a wrestling match against a woman. Kudos, Joel!
6. A Tale of Two Corners: Knowledge and Maturity (Kevin DeYoung) – DeYoung writes about Mr. Bookworm and Mr. Simple-Faith. Interesting!
7. What is Christian Hedonism? (Sam Storms) – Storms, another theological heavyweight, joins John Piper in promoting Christian Hedonism.
8. Rob Bell: Universalist? (Justin Taylor) – Taylor writes on Rob Bell’s upcoming book, Love Wins: Heaven, Hell, and the Fate of Every Person Who Ever Lived. This post of Taylor is a hot topic on the blogosphere. So I’ve been following developments. While I have my initial thoughts about the book, I will have to wait until it is released and reviews are made (I hope to get a copy of the book so I can make my own review). For now, it will be helpful if I do readings on the topic of hell. This will be interesting.
9. Tim Challies – The Next Story – Here’s the promotional video of Challies’ new book.
Tags: Albert Mohler, christian hedonism, CJ Mahaney, hell, internet, Justin Taylor, Kevin DeYoung, Rob Bell, Sam Storms, social media, technology, The Next Story (book), Tim Challies, Timothy Keller, universalism
About Enzo CortesEnzo Cortes is the Youth Coordinator of Jzone Makati, the youth ministry of Christ's Commission Fellowship (CCF) Makati. He also speaks for various youth and young adult groups, including CCF Makati's young singles ministry, Friday Night Light. He loves to write, read books and blogs, drink coffee, and watch MMA fights.
ATTENTION: ZOY SAUCE ETC HAS MOVED TO ITS NEW HOME
- This is Probably My Last Blog Here, Seriously. Because…
- Book Review Fridays: Leaders Who Last by Dave Kraft
- Struggling in Prayer
- Mission, Mission, and Mate
- The Infinitude of God
- Rewind (February 20-26, 2012)
- Weekly Wraps (February 20-26, 2012)
- Book Review Fridays: Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell
- What I Think of Livestreamed Services
- Ending Up Frustrated After Quiet Times
- New blog at #ZoySauceEtc: "Leaders, Manage Well (Part 3)" - bit.ly/1O5AKhL #leadership #management 2 years ago
- RT @JohnPiper: If your spouse acts worthily, your love is the easier. If your spouse acts unworthily, your love is the more glorious. 2 years ago
- RT @DailyKeller: "If we know God's approval we won't need to fear any disapproval from others." 2 years ago
- Here are 3 things "A Second Chance" did for me: bit.ly/1lVpsG9 #ZoySauceEtc #love #marriage #ASecondChance 2 years ago
- New blog at #ZoySauceEtc: "What 'A Second Chance' Did For Me" - bit.ly/1lVpsG9 #love #marriage #ASecondChance 2 years ago