Weekly Wraps (Feb. 14-20)
The past week is kind of loaded. Harris, Mohler, Platt, Chan, and et cetera.
1. Weaving Doctrine & Real Life (Joshua Harris) – Harris read and quoted a few sentences from my blog. I’m humbled and overwhelmed. Moreover, I’m thankful to the Lord Jesus.
2. Adultery Incorporated—The Infidelity Industry (Albert Mohler) – Mohler writes on what I call the commercialization of adultery.
3. The Cost of Following Jesus (David Platt) – It’s my first time to watch Platt preach. He gave a sermon on Luke 9:57-62. It was powerful and moving. He sounded like a Christian Hedonist towards the end. I can’t wait to get a copy of his book, Radical.
4. Prayer as a Way of Walking in Love: A Personal Journey (Francis Chan) – Chan spoke for the Desiring God 2011 Pastors Conference. He gave a message on how prayer were weaved into his life. He recounted a lot of his prayers he has made in the past and how they were answered. His message was inspiring.
5. Why I Have Cooled On Multisite (Kevin DeYoung) – DeYoung shares his thoughts on multisite churches and quotes from D. Martyn Lloyd-Jones.
6. The Marketplace of Ideas—Why Bookstores Matter (Albert Mohler) – Mohler shares his thoughts on the decline of bookstores.
7. Radical by David Platt – Again, I can’t wait to get a copy of this book. See this promotional video.