The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership by John C. Maxwell
It’s my first (or second) time to finish a book on leadership. And I was fortunate to get a hold on The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership by leadership expert John C. Maxwell.
Maxwell gives 21 “laws” that will help us understand leadership more. I find myself relating to some of it.
If you’re already a leader or want to become one or simply interested on leadership, you will find this book helpful. It’s easy to understand and practice.
Here are some of the lessons I learned (and its corresponding law) from the book:
1. Leadership is influence (The Law of Influence)
2. Leaders are learners (The Law of Process)
3. Trust is the foundation of leadership and character is important (The Law of Solid Ground)
4. Leaders will naturally attract people (and even other leaders) like himself (The Law of Magnetism)
5. Leaders have to first touch the heart before asking for a hand (The Law of Connection)
6. Leadership potential will be determined by the people closest to the leader (The Law of Inner Circle)
7. Leaders who are secure will freely give power to others (The Law of Empowerment)
8. Leaders are the only people who can develop other leaders (The Law of Reproduction)
9. People will first accept the leader before they accept his vision (The Law of Buy-In)
10. Leading followers result to addition while leading leaders result to multiplication (The Law of Explosive Growth)